Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the Edge/ longarm quilter salt lake city

flower on the edge by nanotchka
flower on the edge, a photo by nanotchka on Flickr.

I've been collecting bags of selvage edges thinking that I would eventually make a full size quilt. I just haven't had the time to dedicate to the project so I thought I'd play with a few mini quilts using up some of these bright designer selvage strips. I also purchased a new 9 degree ruler that I had wanted to play with for months! This "on the edge" flower seemed like the perfect project! It was fun to play with and I made several extra flowers that I think would make a fun quilt along with some strip pieced selvage blocks. What do you think? I used a scrap piece of polka dot piping for the stem and was really happy with the result. Sometimes the best things happen when you just have an afternoon to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment