Saturday, April 10, 2010

travel bag for ME!


travel bag for ME!
Originally uploaded by nanotchka
I leave on Monday to visit my daughter In Pittsburgh. I thought a new travel bag was in order and found a great piece of vintage drapery fabric with an interesting tree design on it. I could resist filling the trees with little raw appliqued birds. The bag has a top zipper closure and is fully lined with lots of pockets for the trip. The large rough mother of pearl buttons pick up the colors of the bag and the birds. Now I'm ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I LOVE it!! Well done!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet little birds. (stopping by from the sheet swap)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! Great job. I have a big piece of heavy cream drapery or upholstery fabric that has cream crewel branches on it, and putting some cut out birds or flowers like you did would make it even better. Thanks for the great idea (not that it will really come true).

    ReplyDelete