Wednesday, February 3, 2010

This is the possible design for the doll quilt swap.  I found a small block design for this diamond  tree in a japanese quilting magazine.  I have enlarged it to a 22 inch wall hanging size that will hang on point.  I have chosen bright pinks and orange contemporary prints for the fabrics on a crisp white background.  I am hoping that my swap partner will like the tree design and bright colors.  this has been a fun little quilt to make and a different way of using diamonds.  I have needleturned some diamonds for the falling leaves on the tree.  I plan to embellish it further with some small lace flowers and tiny buttons from my stash.  Will post more pictures when I get it quilted and bound.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete